Sunday 7 May 2017

The Day I was born

Day 1  when I was born.....

              Day one is actually around day 180. That’s how long it took me to write and edit Fish from the Sky- including two months working on the plotline and getting the basic research done.
I get up at 4am and write around 800 words. Edit. Research. A lot of it went into this particular story. I wanted the historical background to be solid. I write the first and the last chapter simultaneously. It’s easier to write towards a known target.

              I submitted the manuscript to around 20 publishers and agents – I got a few nibbles, was asked for the full manuscript three times but nothing with a signature on it. I had to face the facts. I’m writing submission letters to editors who are younger than my children. The old hack had to go. Addison Marsh, Indie Author, was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment